Yaxley Runners are sad to announce that due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation in the UK, we are cancelling the 2021 Folksworth 15 race.
Current circumstances mean it will be impossible to safely put on the race that we all love so much.
If possible, we will look at scheduling an alternative event later in the year.
Thank you for all your support over the years – we look forward to welcoming everyone back to Folksworth in 2022.
Race date: Sunday 19th January 2020
Now in its 31st year, the route takes in some great scenery over two laps of an undulating course, all on country roads. With three fairly steep hills on each lap the course is testing, yet the hills do not deter runners returning year after year to take part. The Folksworth 15 has become an annual race fixture for many runners and is a great training race in preparation for one of the many spring marathons.
Each year we receive very positive feedback which has given the Folksworth 15 its reputation of a well organised, well marshalled race with a technical top for all runners. Click here to see the course route and profile.
- If you have entered the race but are unable to take part, we will allow you to transfer your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details of the person you wish to take your place:
– Contact telephone number
– Date of birth and age on race day
– Email address
– Affiliated running club (if applicable)
– Any medical conditions which we need to be aware of
– Emergency contact details (contact name and number)
- The person taking the place will also need to email to confirm they accept the race terms and conditions. Click here to view.
- All transfers must be made by 7pm on Sunday 12th January 2020. No transfers will be made after this date.
- We do not hold a waiting list.
- Entry Cost: Attached £23 – Unattached £25
- Minimum age: 17
- Time limit: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Race numbers and chip timing to be collected on the day from race HQ.
- Folksworth is located off the A1(M) junction 16 at Norman Cross, 5 miles south of Peterborough. Follow main road to Folksworth and look for signs & marshals who will direct you. For Sat Navs use postcode PE7 3SX but follow car park signs once in the village.
- Please use the car park on the edge of the village (follow signs). A taxi service will be provided to/from race HQ.
- We recommend runners arrive at least 1.5 hours before the start of the race.
- Start time: 11am
Runners must allow for the 15-minute walk from Race HQ to the start. All runners will be reminded at 10.45am to make their way to the start. Items left at the start will be returned to the Lost Property box in the School hall.
- All runners must run on the left hand side of the road.
- Refreshments and supervised baggage storage are available in the village hall.
- A technical top given to all finishers at the end of the race.
- For reasons of safety and courtesy to other runners, we do not permit headphones to be worn during the race.
- Click here to see the course route and profile.
- £75 gift voucher for a new course record (Male 1.18:18 / Female 1.27:31)
- Prizes for 1st 5 men and 1st 3 ladies.
- Prizes for 1st mens and 1st ladies teams (3 to count by aggregate score).
- Category prizes:
1st Male Vet 40
1st Male Vet 45
1st Male Vet 50
1st Male Vet 55
1st Male Vet 60 (George Callow trophy)
1st Male Vet 65
1st Male Vet 70
1st Lady Vet 35
1st Lady Vet 40
1st Lady Vet 45
1st Lady Vet 50
1st Lady Vet 55
1st Lady Vet 60 (Preston’s trophy for first Local LV60)
1st Lady Vet 60
- 1st Frostbite team – 3 men + 1 woman to count (Prize to be presented at the League event)
- Prize giving will take place at approximately 1.30pm. Please Note: Only one prize per person (except team prizes)
For all Folksworth 15 enquiries please contact Gavin Farrow, Race Secretary: email@example.com